Not everyone can be a morning person — even myself. But I feel everyone needs to be one to be productive throughout the day. While everyone's morning routine is different, this is mine and this is what makes me stop setting my snoozes from 7.00am, 7.15am, 7.30am, 7.45am to 8.00am (it goes on till 8.30am to be honest but don't laugh, because I know you do that too)
1. Eat Your Breakfast
- Listen to your momma, or your grandmomma. I used to skip this step many times but I can really see a difference whenever I consume a bowl or cereals vs to drinking a cup of coffee only. Breakfast immediately raises the body’s energy level and restores the blood glucose level to normal after an overnight fast. In a way, it determines how you work throughout the day physically and mentally.
2. Start Planning
- Write down goals you have to achieve for the day. Not just bluntly writing down but MEANT IT. If you do this, you can see how much they add up, and really see what you accomplish all day. This way, if you're really not doing much, you know what's going on, and you know how to change it. When you look at it, you’ll see your past achievements and you won’t want to “break the streak” by doing nothing today.
3. Plan Your Outfit Ahead
- Make a commitment to picking out your clothes the night before and save yourself time in the morning. Trust me, it works. If you do happen to wake up late and did not have time to get ready, you'll end up picking clothes that you're not comfortable in or not suitable for that meeting you were scheduled for and thus, ruining your day.
4. Clean Desk
- Yes, especially when most people don't do it after a tiring day of work. It's easier to get things organise before you start working too. For me, it gives me a calm feeling and to show that you are ready to start the day!
5. Have a Positive Mind
- Thoughts create emotions. Happy thoughts create happy emotions. It’s super simple but it’s so true – think about the things you love to do that make you happy. Just visualizing doing something that makes you happy is bound to make you actually feel happier in return. When you spend some time in the morning to list out 5 things you are grateful for, it shifts your whole mindset and your day becomes so much brighter.